The ABNY Foundation is pleased to announce its grant application is now available online. The remaining deadline for submitting applications for 2021 is December 1, 2021. Please note the priority areas of giving for The ABNY Foundation in 2021 in the theme of “Recovery from the COVID-19 Pandemic.” Your application should be classified under one of the above categories that support the regeneration of communities and the organizations that serve them. Grants are available for operational support linked to a program or for programmatic support.
- Affordable Housing: Programs that promote affordable housing for those New Yorkers whose income is below the area median household income (AMI); includes support for programs that build affordable housing, provide placement services in affordable housing, preserve existing affordable housing, and provide services to the homeless.
- Community Economic Development: Local economic development that is driven by a community’s social, environmental, and economic priorities and shaped by those who live, work, and run businesses within the communities of focus; includes support for programs that support community-driven neighborhood and commercial revitalization through maintenance, improvement, and promotion of non-BID areas.
- Public Safety: Programs that safeguard the public from crimes, disaster, and other potential dangers and threats; includes support for community-based programs that focus on re-entry programs for formerly incarcerated, gun violence prevention, and community/police relations.
- Small Business Support: Services to support small business operations during economic uncertainty and resources to help small businesses open, operate, sustain, and grow.
- Workforce Development: Services that create, sustain, and retain a viable workforce; includes support for programs that provide job placement, job training and soft skills, diverse workforce pipeline, and COVID-19 recovery support.
All applications will be reviewed by ABNY staff and The ABNY Foundation Board of Trustees Selection Subcommittee. Applicants will be informed by the last day of each application submission month whether their organizations have been selected as awardees.
The ABNY Foundation will focus on communities and sectors most negatively affected by COVID-19. Grants will prioritize minority, women, disadvantaged, veteran, and LGBTQ-owned entities and those that provide direct services to these entities within the five boroughs of New York City. Grants also will prioritize small and midsize entities of 50 employees or less.
Please note: Applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applying organizations will be eligible for one grant award per calendar year.
Please contact ABNY Vice President Laura Colacurcio at email@example.com with any questions. The ABNY Foundation is a registered 501 (c) 3 organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code.